25/02/2014

Metallics

I'm pleased that metallic's are in style. Metallic was a preferred clothing attire for me as a child and I'm still a sucker for shiny items. Although this may seem like a tacky or somewhat alien like colour, high quality designers and celebrities are pulling it off. I first fell in love with these when I saw the silver boots. Coming from a girl who appreciates a comfy pair of boots, I immediately was drawn to the metallic styled Chelsea boots which I saw in Topshop. Unfortunately being poor at the time I was unable to purchase the heavenly shoes and on returning to the shop a few weeks later I was couldn't find them.

Heres a few metallic inspiring celebs....
Natalie Portman dazzling the red carpet in a
Dior metallic skirt
Amanda Seyfried in a bronze Gucci dress
Suki Waterhouse at a GQ event in metallic stunning attire

Far left; Etsy 60s Madmen shoes £16, Skirt; Topshop £195, Watch; Rolex £5000 (a girl can dream), Boots; Farfetch £340, Clutch; Zara £80
The key to doing it right with metallic's is, firstly, making sure you have good quality items and no cheap material (otherwise you will look like a piece of tinfoil), secondly, go simple and don't overdo it (one metallic piece is enough!!) and finally, don't mix your metallic's. One thing I hate is seeing both gold and silver on one outfit. It's a no go zone! Unless you're BeyoncĂ© just.. don't.

Lastly I will leave you with the beautiful, classic Alexander Wang bag in a beautiful metallic rose gold. Mr Wang you taken a bag that was already beautiful and made it even better. 
Alexander Wang bag £833

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I've some awesome news for you! I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Blog Award! Check out my blog for more details!
    Have an awesome day!
    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete